Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blog Slacker!

I new this would happen! I had the best intentions to start a blog, try and keep my family updated, keep in touch with old friends. . . . yada, yada, yada. It's now been over a month since my last post. I'm such a slacker! Now that I have given myself a stern talking to, I'm going to shoot for two post this month!!!

What have the Praters been up to? That's a good questions. It seems like we are always busy!Last week we went to Shelby's school (Arbor View) and did a walk for breast cancer. It was fun but really windy. Carter didn't seem to mind, it must have been his cool guy shades:)
Are little man is still having issues with his circumcision healing so the doctor told me to let him air IT out.
My first mothers day was pretty Awesome. Kenny got up with Carter during the night (yes it is true he is still not sleeping through the night!!! Any suggestions would be great) and in the morning so I could sleep. He then made me a breakfast of pancakes and bacon. (note: he made the bacon outside so that the stove would not get dirty!) By this time Kenny was beat so he took a nap. Later that day we went over to Granny Tammy's house and made her dinner. We planned to take Carter swimming for the first time but had some problems with the pool heater. Not to worry, we went with plan B. The SPA! Carter really seemed to enjoy it. I think he thought we were just taking a family bath. Everything was going great, Kenny was teaching his son the perfect form to a cannon ball, granny was happy, I was happy . . . . . then granny yelled "POOP IN THE POOL!!!". Our family bath then came to a quick end. All and all a GREAT first mothers day:)

11 comments:

Jordan said...

NICE SECOND POST! I LOVED IT AND THE POOP IN THE POOL STILL MAKES ME LAUGH!

The White Clan said...

You made the cutest baby. BRAVO!!! And I am glad you had a Happy 1st Mothers Day!

Laura said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Emily! Poop in the pool is pretty funny! I cant imagine the look on your moms face! Carter is a way cute baby and he seems to get cuter every time I see him! I love how chunky he is!

Mandy said...

Poop in the pool-classic!

I miss you guys. We had so much fun at the park. I dont know when I will be home, hopefully I wont miss Jordans wedding-but I will give you a call when I get back.

Jordan said...

MISSING THE WEDDING IS NOT AN OPTION MANDY! YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND GET BACK ONLY 9 MORE DAYS AND COUNTING UNTIL THE BIG DAY!

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

Hey Emily and Kenny this is natalie. YOur little boy is so cute.Emily about the baby sleeping through the night I finally just learned on my third boy. Somebody told me to read the book Baby Wise. That was the best book. My little guy is 4 month and he will only get up around 5 to eat and then he goes back to bed. Good Luck

Ryan said...

Emily, Ken .... this is Ryan Dixon. I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled across your blog, but I found you nontheless. Actually it was probably from a link on Natalie's blog. I just found her's too. Anyway, welcome to the blogging world. Let me just say your boy looks like he's going to be a heart breaker! (must not get his good looks from his dad ... lol. J/K Kenny) Talk to you later.

"xkhxoaoc" <--- that's what I had to just type in to post my comment ... Let's hope I don't mess it up. I can never get those things right. And it doesn't help that I think this on is the longest one I've ever had to type in. :-)

Ah! Crap... I got it wrong! LOL Ok lets try this one ... "unifoc". looks a little easier.

WHAT THE ____ !!! Ok, third time's a charm, right?

Natalie said...

Hey Emily, this is Natalie (Christensen) Mills. I am glad to see you guys and that you are so happy! What a cute little baby!

LuDLoW LiFe said...

I was so excited to see that you are blogging! Carter is too cute and I can't believe those rolls. Hope you post some stuff soon. Come check us out at ludlowlife.blogspot.com

Adrianne

Sarah said...

Hey, Em!

It's your cousin, Sarah! It was great to see you at Meg's wedding! Your little boy is adorable!

It's time to start blogging again!!! This will be a great way to keep in touch with everyone!

Tell your mom & sisters I said, "Hi!"

Dixon's said...

Well, I have to post this a couple days early, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I decided that I am staying 25 for a while because I don't want to get older, so I will say Happy 25th Birthday to you too!