Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Make A Deal!!!

So, my friend Stephanie calls me and says that I need to get a babysitter because we are going to try and get on Let's Make a Deal. My first thought was, Let's Make a Deal is still on TV??? That's when I started my research. I put the DVR to work and started checking out the Internet. To get on Let's Make a Deal they like you to dress up in costumes and act silly. We all know that I've got the silly part down so that meant I had to find a costume. So I called my sister Shelby and asked to borrow her "granny wig". I remember her and her friend dressing up as granny's for Halloween and it was freakin Hilarious. Now that I had the "hair" I needed to acquire the rest of the "Granny Outfit". After several trips to several thrift shops and one emergency trip to Walmart, I ended up with this crazy, ugly, costume that cost less then 10 bucks!!!
They are filming the show at the Tropicana and Wayne Brady is the host. We got in line around 9:00 for the 11:00 show. Apparently we were pretty late because people started arriving at 3:30 in the morning! Needless to say we didn't make the first show. We did get tickets for the afternoon show. But that meant we had a couple hours to kill. So, what do three crazy people that have lived in Las Vegas for most of their lives, dressed up as some of the most random people/things decide to do to occupy that time???? We decided to get in touch with our inner tourist and walk the strip. Here are just a few of our pictures. Hope they make you laugh.
Nick is Richards Simmons cousin Russ. Check out his Liberty pose.
The yellow M&M just happen to be out!

That anaconda needs to watch out!

Granny and Lady Bug Stephanie by the New York New York.

Wonder what their babies would look like???
------
After we finished playing tourist it was time to get back to business. We went back to the Tropicana to begin our journey. We started out standing in line to get a number, then filling out a bunch of paper work, then standing in line to get your picture taken, then in another line to be interviewed, and yet another line because the line we were in was too long. We finally made it inside which meant we were definitely going to be on the show. Then we stood in a security line. . . . and we finally got our seats. We are actually sitting right behind Wayne Brady for the whole show. I'm pretty sure when the show air you will be seeing a whole lot of Granny:) None of us ended up getting picked but we sure had a blast and it will be one of those days that I will never forget.
--------
P.S. Shelby thanks for the costume inspiration.

1 comments:

Jordans Jaunt said...

You totally have the granny look down. I can't wait for a couple more years so I can see the real thing!