Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Monster

YES we are still alive. Honestly I’m not sure why I’m even updating this blog. I really don’t think that I need to have a Facebook account and a blog. But since I still like to blog stalk people, I figure I might as well give those few people who do stalk me (and never leave a comment) a little something to look at. Since I’m being honest about my blog stalking we might as well be honest about my kid. . . . . He is seriously cute!!

Given the fact that I have not updated the family blog in over six months, you will see Carter growing before your eyes in these pictures. Carter is two and half years old, he wears a size 4, not a 4 Toddler a FOUR, as in XS in the big boys department. He loves to swim, ride his bike, drive anything with a motor, going to the movies, camping, the cabin, and having all the attention on him ALL the time. He talks back, rolls his eyes, and tells “stories” all the time. To make up for his naughtiness, he hugs and kisses you unexpectedly, he will tell you that your shirt is cute, and that he likes how you did your hair today. He is fully potty trained and totally rocks his boxer briefs. He taught his Nana how to use her cell phone last week. He can recognize the whole alphabet and most numbers. If I ask him what color something is he looks at me like. . . . . “My crazy mom I just told her what color the grass was yesterday, she forgets so easily. Oh well, mom the grass is greeeeen. G-R-E-E-N!” He is all boy, he loves to wrestle and get dirty. He can burp louder then most men, loves peeing outside, and has been known to blow a snot rocket or two.

I'm the crazy wife/mom that loves to dress her boys the same. I can't help it! They are just so dang cute!

Carter loves his dad so much! Seriously look how much Carter looks like Kenny. CR-A-ZY!
He can start almost every quad we have. As soon as he can reach the foot pegs we are all in trouble!
Every once in awhile we get all gussied up!
Spoiled to the Max!
Shaking his groove-thang on the dance floor!
He really thinks that he should get his own quad. We are looking for one that is surrounded by a bubble:)

He was getting way to big for his toddler bed. He loves his Dragon room.


Slip and Slides still rule!!!

We took him bowling and he almost beat his Aunt Jordan!

Lovin some ribs on 4th of July!


We are taking bets on how old he will be when he gets his first set of stitches. . . .

He loved watching Toy Story 3 in 3D!


Too cute for his own good.

I love these guys sooo much!

12 comments:

Shelby Lou said...

I can't believe you posted on the blog!! You are awesome for doing that though, I needed to see my carter face in pictures!! I will see you this next weekend!

Jordans Jaunt said...

Dude I love the much needed update! He did grow up pretty dang fast. And I love it when he tells me that my shirt is cute.

Brittany B said...

I blog stalk you, so please keep updating. So how did you get Carter to potty train? I'm struggling with that one.

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

He is to cute. He really does look just like Kenny. Time goes by to fast. He will be in school before you know it.

The Praters said...

Brittany, I was pretty strict about the whole potty training thing. Once I knew, that he knew, that he was not supposed to pee in his pants I turned into "Mean Mommy". I would take away his cartoons if he had an accident. I seriously took his "toons" away 5 or 6 times and thats all it took. What can I say the kid loves TV. We would only use Pull-Ups during the night because he thought they were diapers too. Not sure if that helps (you probably don't want to be the "mean mom")but Good Luck!

Dixon's said...

I love all the pictures and the update, but now I totally feel like a slacker of a Mom. My 4 year old doesn't know his alphabet. It was fun to see you today. Sorry for just dropping in.

Anonymous said...

This is Natalie (Christensen)and I love blog stalking too. Carter is adorable and he looks so much like Kenny! If I could pay someone to potty train my kids for me I would. So not my thing. I miss you!

The Praters said...

Thanks Girls!! Natalie Christensen where have you been my whole life??!!! I miss you too. I heard you were in town in June. Wish i could have seen ya. I hope you will make it back for the reunion!

Chris & Jessi said...

Hey Emily, I can't say I am as bad as you about updating, I update at least every 2 months and that is the only time I blog stalk as well, but I am guilty of not leaving comments so I made a point of it this time. Your little fam damily is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I actually didn't come in June, plans changed. When is the reunion I haven't heard anything about it.

The Praters said...

Natalie, the reunion is in October. Send me your e-mail and I will forward you the info. My e-mail is kecprater@gmail.com

Ashley said...

DUDE...FINALLY...a freakin' update! Haha -JK. I'm just as bad. Glad to see y'all are doing well!