Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stupid Mom Questions

If you guys don't already think I'm crazy, you will by the time you finish reading this post. I don't expect answers to these stupid questions, but it would make me feel better if a few of you would agree with me so I don't feel as stupid.


* Do they manufacture a sippy cup that is really leak proof?

* Teething tablets/drops do they really work?

* When do I need to start putting a robe on after my shower, so that he is not permanently scard for the rest of his life?

* When do I stop taking him into the women's restroom with me?

* Do they actually makes shoes that will stay on his feet longer then it takes me to put them on?

* Why do I always like the most expensive diapers?

* Why is every formula in the store on sale but mine?

* Do I really need a summer and a winter humidifier?

* Why do insurance companies make me yell?

* Why does it seem like every time I turn around I need to buy him more pajamas?

* Why do they only have the good "Bugger Suckers" at the hospital?

* How did I make it through my first 23 years of life without using at least 20 wet wipes a day?

* Why does holding a 24lb kid all day only work my arms? Why can't my abs see some results too?

* Why do strangers think that it's perfectly OK to touch my kid?

* Why do people I have never met, think that they know my kid better than me, and then proceed to give me advise that they actually think I'm going to follow?

* Will there come a day when I will be ready to go on a vacation with just my husband?

* Will I always feel like I'm going to pee my pants every time I sneeze?

* Why do I have stroller envy?



The list could go on forever. I think I will stop before I freak too many people out.

9 comments:

Tiffani said...

Hey Emily! It's Tiffani (Bleazard) Benson. I LOVED this list. We've all thought the same things! It doesn't bother me so much when people touch Aiden (2 & 1/2) but when they touch Zack (5 mo.) it drives me NUTS!

The White Clan said...

WOW! I have thought every one of those questions, multiple times.

To answer some:
-The expensive diapers are 50,000 times better.
-The day with your husband will come very soon, I promise!
-The robe thing, I started about two, he has no idea YET!
-My abs still suck, and get worse every kid
-Every old lady will tell you what to do with your kid. They mean well, but their advice sucks!!!!
-And stroller envy....I HATE IT! You always want what you can't have. I want a sit and stand so badly, but can't justify it!

There are the answers you didn't want, but you got!

Laura said...

ok you definitly freaked me out. This just reassured me that I'm sooo not ready for kids yet. or should I say im not ready to feel like im going to pee my pants or have stroller envy, what?!?! These are things you never think of when you don't have kids. Thanks for the post!

The Halligan's said...

OH MY GOSH EMILY... YOU CRACK ME UP! The list was absolutely hilarious and SO true! I would love to comment on each one but I would be here all night. I think it is so funny most moms have the same things running through their heads! haha! The sneeze one is hilarious because I feel the same way, sad but true! Thanks for the laugh!

Sarah said...

Em,

This post made me laugh!!! I feel ya on lots of those things.

I just barely stopped making Adam come into the girls' bathroom with me!!! (He's almost 9!)

I firmly believe that teething tablets are a placebo!

The shoe thing is a lost cause! Slip ons, velcro, and sandals are the greatest until the days of flip-flops arrive!

Be grateful you are getting results in your arms for the 24 lb. kid! I have no results and sometimes carry around my 4 year old!

You're so dang cute!!! I love this list!

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

Hey Emily,
That list was to good. Sometimes I wonder the same things. I did get over having to by the most expensive diaper thng about a month ago and I love the new diapers I use. $13.00 for a big box.

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

Hey Emily,
That list was to good. Sometimes I wonder the same things. I did get over having to by the most expensive diaper thng about a month ago and I love the new diapers I use. $13.00 for a big box.

LuDLoW LiFe said...

Those are hilarious, but so true!

Dixon's said...

It's good to know we all have the same crazy questions running though our minds as mothers.

I must say that wet wipes are one of the greatest inventions ever! I use them for everything, even when I'm at home and I could use a washcloth.

Can you ever let your kid go into the men's restroom by themselves. Who knows what wacko is in there. I think Kayden will be going in the girl's restroom with me for a while.

And women seem to want to give you the most advice when you are on a plane with your baby. Hello, I was sitting here before you -and you saw that I had a kid who is now cranky because the plane was late and I scheduled our flight with his nap, but that didn't work so you should have sat somewhere else and need to stop telling me what to do! Can you tell I've had this experience many times.

I want to know what else is on your list.