Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

I'm not going to apologize this time for not posting. I have my excuses but I will get to that latter.

We had a great Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with the Prater side of the family. Kenny's parents made homemade pizza. Mmmmmm it was so good, I hope it becomes our new tradition. Carter was the star of the show once again. He got a rocking chair from his grandma and grandpa Prater. He looks so dang cute in it when he is watching TV or reading a book. He got so many presents that I can't even remember them all. Poor Kenny felt like a pack mule all weekend. He had to load and unload the car sooooo many times. Kenny wanted to have scones on Christmas morning so I stayed up late that night to make the dough.

Christmas morning we got up early and opened our family presents. Santa brought Carter a tunnel to crawl through. Carter chases our cat through it most of the time. Then we headed off to my parents house. We opened MORE presents. Carter got and adorable table and chair set from his Nana and Papa. We had some great scones for breakfast (it was my1st time making them and I think they turned out great). After breakfast we headed off to see the great-grandparents. We try to make the rounds and see everyone but it seems to get harder each year. We ended our day back at my parents for an awesome dinner. When all was said and done Carter had and entire car full of presents. He has no idea how many people love him.

We were planning on spending the rest of the holiday weekend at the cabin but the weather was so bad we had to stay home. It was actually kind of nice to have a break from our crazy schedule. I feel so blessed to have such a great family and I love them ALL.

Carter and his Uncle Matt trying out the new rocking chair!

Christmas morning. We had to wake Carter up and he was not happy about it. We figure this will probably be the last year WE do the waking up.

Carter in his new tunnel!

Carter playing the organ with his Great Grandma Prater.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

That kid is so stinkin' cute! But I'm glad he's not spoiled. ;) Love the bleach-blonde mohawk!!